Family Bushcraft CourseThis fun-filled family bushcraft course is designed for families with younger children (6+) who love the outdoors & want to learn more about bushcraft skills. During the course you’ll;
- learn about the Countryside Code
- build a den using natural materials – we’ll teach you how to make some excellent (and safe) dens
- learn how to create fire the traditional way; rubbing sticks together and using flint & steel
- be introduced to knife skills – don’t be scared; one of our best students (even counting the adults) was just 5 years old!
- be looking at navigation skills. How would you find your way at night? Does moss on a tree mean anything? Where is north? What is north?
You’ll learn loads during this course so don’t forget to bring your note books & cameras.
Following the purchase of your place on the course, we’ll email you with directions to the course venue.
How long does the course last for?
This full course starts at around 09.30am and runs until around 4.30pm. This gives you ample time to get stuck in with the days activities. Please don’t be late on the first day as we won’t be at the meeting point after this time.
What do we need to bring?
We will be providing all necessary tools and equipment for the course. For everything else, you can view our kit list here; Kit List page.
What about food & drinks?**
There will be a camp fire with a kettle simmering over it & we will be providing tea, coffee, sugar & biscuits during the course. Lunches won’t be provided on this course, so please bring a packed lunch with you. If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
** – Under the Food Identification Regulations 2014 we have to advise you of the allergens contained in the food-stuffs that we provide. Click here to view this information.
- The minimum participant age for this course is 6 years old.
- We regret that wheelchair access to the woods is not currently possible.
- No dogs are allowed at the venue at any time.
A Consent & Medical Declaration Form is required for each person attending the course. These need to be returned to us at our office no later than 48 hours before the start time of the course. These should be download from this page or you can complete the online version. If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
We look forward to seeing you on this course.
Chris & the Forest Skills Ltd Team.
Let the adventure begin