Stag & Hen Parties
Been to the races, tried go-karting & done the Spa? Be different & have a bushcraft & survival themed Stag/Hen Party!
It’s your Stag/Hen do, so you choose what you want to do (unless you’ve given that responsibility to the Best Man/Chief Bridesmaid). We offer half day, full day & overnight Stag/Hen party bookings. Half day parties last for around 4 hours (either 9.30-1.30pm or 1.30-5.30pm) while a full day parties start at 9.30am and run until around 5.30pm.
Make a night of it & book an overnight party; these run from late morning on Saturdays until around 11am on the Sunday and give you the opportunity to sleep out in your woodland shelters.
To create your Stag/Hen Party, choose from the subjects listed below (we’ve included durations so you can work out what you can include in your booking), then contact us so that we can finalise & confirm your booking. If there’s something that you want to do which isn’t on the list below, please ask as we may well be able to offer that as well.
The “Big 4” survival subjects:
- Shelter – How, why & where of building shelters using natural materials as well as tarpaulins. This session takes approx. 2.5 hours to complete but will provide you with a shelter that you can sleep in during your overnight party.
- Water – Learn about sourcing, collecting, treating and keeping water. You’ll get to do all these and then drink the end product! Lasts approx. 1.5 hours.
- Fire – The quintessential art of yesteryear. During this 2 hour session you’ll learn how to create fires using traditional flint shards, modern ‘fire steels’, chemical, electrical & friction methods. Again, approx. 2 hours duration.
- Food – A short look at where you can get food from in nature & how to prepare it. This session includes game preparation (ie basic butchery of fish, birds or mammals) & lasts approx. 2 hours.
Traditional bushcraft subjects:
- Knives, saws, billhooks & axes – Using (including carving skills), tool safety, maintenance & the Law. This session usually takes between 1 & 2.5 hours depending on how long you want to use them!
- Camp furniture & other camp gadgets – Learn to make coat hangers, chairs, tables, mallets, tent pegs as well as carved wooden ornaments. (approx. 2 hours).
- Natural cordage – How to make it & the knots and lashings to use with it. Lasts approx. 1.5 hours.
- Natural navigation skills – We look at natural navigation including how to find your way using everything from the stars, the sun, moss, plants & puddles. Lasts approx. 1 hour.
- Classic navigation skills – We cover using a map & compass as well as modern GPS usage. This session lasts between 2-3 hours depending on how much detail you want to go into.
- Foraging – A more detailed look at where to find food and resources to assist in making your life in the wild more comfortable & enjoyable. This session lasts for a minimum of 1.5 hours but can be run over a whole day.
- Tracking skills – Begin learning how to become a tracker. This session lasts for a minimum of 2 hours, or we can arrange a private booking of our 3 day Introduction to Tracking course for your group.
- Hunting and trapping – Learn the traditional skills of sourcing your own meats. (approx. 1-2 hours).
- Net making – Learn how to make & repair fishing nets. This session lasts approx. 2 hours.
- Game preparation – Having learnt how to hunt and trap your next meal, we’ll teach you how to prepare it ready for cooking. Lasts a minimum of 1 hour, or we can run a private booking of our Game Preparation course for your group.
- Traditional cooking techniques – Ponassing, the Hangi, and more. This session lasts approximately 2-3 hours and is the perfect addition to the hunting and trapping and game preparation sessions.
- Personal hygiene & how to be comfortable in the woods. (approx. 1 hour)
We also have fun activities such as a slackline, massive cargo net & a host of games to play in the woods if you just want to have a bit of fun during the breaks.
- Half day stag/hen parties (including tea/coffee & biscuits**) are £60pp.
- Full day parties (including cooked lunch, tea/coffee & biscuits**) are £100pp.
- Overnight parties (including cooked lunch, evening meal & breakfast, tea/coffee & biscuits**) are £140pp.
- (minimum of 5 people or equivalent value per booking).
[su_button url=”http://www.forestskillsltd.co.uk/contact-us/” target=”blank” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”yes” radius=”auto” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none”]Contact us now to arrange your private booking[/su_button]
The Forest Skills Ltd Team
Let the adventure begin!
** – Under the Food Identification Regulations 2014 we have to advise you of the allergens contained in the food-stuffs that we provide. Click here to view this information in a new window.