What would you like to do? We run private bookings for the following;
- Bespoke Bushcraft & Survival Courses – Create your own bespoke course; sleep overnight in your own shelter, prepare your own game meats & learn how to do it properly!
- Corporate Events (please contact us to discuss your requirements)
- Groups (e.g. Hen/Stag-do’s, Brownies, Scouts groups, DofE, Cadets, Round Table, etc)
- School Trips – We can come to you, or for the full experience come out to us.
- Birthday Parties – (Packages available for 3-5’s, 5-8′s & 9-14 year olds)
To create your bespoke event, choose from the following subjects then contact us so that we can finalise your booking. The list below is by no means exhaustive, so if you want to do something which isn’t on the list below, we can probably do it as well.
The “Big 4” survival subjects:
- Shelter – How, why & where of building shelters using natural materials as well as tarpaulins. This session takes approx. 2.5 hours to complete but will provide you with a shelter that you can sleep in on your overnight private booking.
- Water – Learn about sourcing, collecting, treating and keeping water. You’ll get to do all these and then drink the end product! Lasts approx. 1.5 hours.
- Food – A short look at where you can get food from in nature & how to prepare it. This session includes game preparation (ie basic butchery of fish, birds or mammals) & lasts approx. 2 hours.
- Fire – The quintessential art of yesteryear. During this 2 hour session you’ll learn how to create fires using traditional flint shards, modern ‘fire steels’, chemical, electrical & friction methods. Again, approx. 2 hours duration.
Traditional woodland/bushcraft subjects:
- Knives, saws, billhooks & axes – Using (including carving skills), tool safety, maintenance & the Law. This session usually takes between 1 & 2.5 hours depending on how long you want to use them!
- Natural cordage – How to make it & the knots and lashings to use with it. Lasts approx. 1.5 hours.
- Camp furniture & other camp gadgets – Learn to make coat hangers, chairs, tables, mallets, tent pegs as well as carved wooden ornaments. (approx. 2 hours).
- Natural navigation skills – We look at natural navigation including how to find your way using everything from the stars, the sun, moss, plants & puddles. Lasts approx. 1 hour.
- Classic navigation skills – We cover using a map & compass as well as modern GPS usage. This session lasts between 2-3 hours depending on how much detail you want to go into.
- Foraging – A more detailed look at where to find food and resources to assist in making your life in the wild more comfortable & enjoyable. This session lasts for a minimum of 1.5 hours but can be run over a whole day.
- Tracking skills – Begin learning how to become a tracker. This session lasts for a minimum of 2 hours, or we can arrange a private booking of our 3 day Introduction to Tracking course for your group.
- Hunting and trapping – Learn the traditional skills of sourcing your own meats. (approx. 1-2 hours).
- Game preparation – Having learnt how to hunt and trap your next meal, we’ll teach you how to prepare it ready for cooking. Lasts a minimum of 1 hour, or we can run a private booking of our Game Preparation course for your group.
- Traditional cooking techniques – Ponassing, the Hangi, and more. This session lasts approximately 2-3 hours and is the perfect addition to the hunting and trapping and game preparation sessions.
- Personal hygiene outdoors – How to keep yourself clean in the woods. (approx. 1 hour)
We also have fun activities such as a slackline, massive cargo net & a host of games to play in the woods so you can unwind & have a bit of fun during the breaks.
The Forest Skills Ltd Team