Woodland Time (3 to 6 years old + Grown-ups!)This fun-filled family woodland session is designed for families with younger children (3-6yo) who love the outdoors & want to come and play in the woods & perhaps learn a few new skills.
Grown-ups are also encouraged to join in with the activities (why should the kids have all the fun?).
Woodland Time sessions last for around 3 hours, with session including the following activities (weather & willing participants depending!):
During the course we’ll be doing & learning about:
- The Countryside Code – Learn a little about how to be in and enjoy the countryside
- Woodland walk – We’ll explore the trails around the farm & woodland, looking at the animals & collecting natural materials
- Natural art – Use natural materials that we find on our Woodland Walk to make pictures
- Get creative (& messy) in our mud kitchen! – Budding chefs are encouraged to get as creative as possible while cooking up new and exciting recipes!
- Den building – Everyone loves a good den to play and hide in, so we’ll make some excellent (and safe) dens together.
- Play on the giant hammock and our other woodland challenges.
Where are we?
The course is being run in our Cheshire woodland. We’ll email you with directions to the course venue with your receipt.
How long does the course last for?
This three hour session starts at 09.30am and at 1pm depending on which session you’ve booked onto. Please don’t be late at the start of the day as we won’t be at the meeting point after the start time.
What do we need to bring?
Kids: Don’t forget to bring a grown-up with you! If you’re between 3 & 6 years old then this session is specifically for you, but you do need to being a grown-up with you. The price covers you and and one grown-up, but if you do have any brothers, sisters or friends who you want to bring along, please ask your grown-up to include them in the booking.
Parents: Please note that parents need to accompany children at these sessions. The price covers one child & one adult, but if you need to purchase a place for a sibling, friend or your other half, please include them in your booking purchase. Extra places are charged at £10 per head.
We will be providing all necessary tools and equipment for the course. For everything else, you can view our kit list here; Kit List page.
What about food & drinks?**
Please bring your own drinks and snacks. If you have a particular food allergy or anaphylaxis, please contact us before making your booking so that we can help to ensure your safety.
- The minimum participant age for this course is 3 years old.
- We regret that wheelchair access to the woods is not currently possible & buggy/pushchair access can be very challenging.
- No dogs are allowed at the venue at any time.
A Consent & Medical Declaration Form is required for each person attending the course. These need to be returned to us at our office no later than 48 hours before the start time of the course. These will be emailed to you once you have booked your place(s) on the course, but you can also download the forms from this page. If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
We look forward to seeing you on this course.
Chris & the Forest Skills Ltd Team.