Sharp Skills CourseDuring this course you’ll learn one of the essential skills of the bushcrafter & a life skill; how to use and look after your knife & axe.
- Learn how to use a bushcraft knife safely & efficiently
- Learn about different knife grips & why they are used
- Learn the secrets of making feather sticks
- Make several camp items using your new knife skills
- Learn the correct way to fell a tree
- Fell & coppice trees using different sharp tools
- Use three different types of axes & learn when to use them
- Learn how to sharpen & hone bushcraft knifes, axes & bill hooks
- Learn about basic Chainsaw maintenance including chin sharpening
Where is the course being held?
Following the purchase of your place on the course, we’ll email you with directions to the course venue.
How long does the course last for?
This full day course starts at around 09.30am & runs until around 4.30pm. Please don’t be late at the start of the day as we won’t be at the meeting point after this time.
What do we need to bring?
We will be providing all necessary tools and equipment for the course, but if you have an axe or knife that you wish to use, please do bring them along. (Maximum 1x axe & knife per student. Maximum knife blade length of 5”). For everything else, you can view our kit list here; Kit List page.
What about food & drinks?**
There will be a camp fire with a kettle simmering over it & we will be providing tea & coffee during the course. Food will not be provided on this course, so please bring a packed lunch with you. If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
** – Under the Food Identification Regulations 2014 we have to advise you of the allergens contained in the food-stuffs that we provide. Click here to view this information.
- The minimum participant age for this course is 12 years old.
- We regret that wheelchair access to the woods is not currently possible.
- No dogs are allowed at the venue at any time.
A Consent & Medical Declaration Form is required for each person attending the course. These need to be returned to us at our office no later than 48 hours before the start time of the course. These will be emailed to you once you have booked your place(s) on the course, but you can also download the forms from this page. If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
We look forward to seeing you on this course.
Chris & the Forest Skills Ltd Team.
Let the adventure begin