Half-day Bushcraft CourseOur half-day Bushcraft course is perfect for those looking to learn some essential skills of bushcraft in a short amount of time. During the course you’ll be;
- learning about knives & saws – their safe use & how to use them efficiently
- learning about knife maintenance – including a demonstration on how to keep your knife in tip-top condition
- undertaking game preparation** – you’ve got your lunch to prepare!
- shelter building – both using natural materials & bashas
- fire lighting – using traditional & modern methods including chemicals & friction fire lighting
- making cordage – materials & preparation
- learning about rope usage & storage techniques
- going a woodland walk – learn about the plants & trees around us and what they can provide us with
Following the purchase of your place on the course, we’ll email you with directions to the course venue.
How long does the course last for?
This one day course starts at 09.30am and runs until around 4.30pm. We cover a lot of subjects on this course, so it runs at quite a fast pace. Please don’t be late at the start of the day as we won’t be at the meeting point after the start time.
What do we need to bring?
We will be providing all necessary tools and equipment for the course. For everything else, you can view our kit list here; Kit List page.
What about food & drinks?**
There will be a camp fire with a kettle simmering over it & we will be providing tea & coffee. Hot lunches will be provided on this course, but please feel free to bring additional snacks to eat (see our Kit List page). If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
** – Under the Food Identification Regulations 2014 we have to advise you of the allergens contained in the food-stuffs that we provide. Click here to view this information.
- The minimum participant age for this course is 16 years old.
- We regret that wheelchair access to the woods is not currently possible.
- No dogs are allowed at the venue at any time.
A Consent & Medical Declaration Form is required for each person attending the course. These need to be returned to us at our office no later than 48 hours before the start time of the course. These will be emailed to you once you have booked your place(s) on the course, but you can also download the forms from this page. If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
We look forward to seeing you on this course.
Chris & the Forest Skills Ltd Team.
Let the adventure begin!