We operate in almost all weathers* so you need to make sure that you are appropriately dressed for the woods & the prevailing weather conditions. Please ensure that you bring everything included in the relevant list with you for your session/course so as to ensure your comfort during the day.
We strongly recommend that you read through our Terms and Conditions. Should you fail to bring suitable & sufficient kit/clothing, you may be refused access to, or removed from, the course. Full Terms & Conditions can be found by clicking here.
Get a lot of what you will need to bring with you on your course all in one place direct from Forest Skills. Get yours here
Basic kit list for all courses (including Forest School)
Outdoor footwear & clothing should be tough but comfortable. Use the ‘layering principle’ – wearing several thin layers is far better than a few thick ones as you can regulate your temperature efficiently. Long sleeves and trousers should be worn at all times as these will help protect you from the sun, insects & vegetation.
Do not wear:
- Shorts/’Cut-offs’ – these will expose you to scratches, insect bites, etc.
- Denim – it is slow to dry, clinging and cold.
- Open-toed or soft shoes such as flip-flops, ballet pumps, sandals or ‘Crocs’.
- Trainer/ankle socks – they won’t protect you from bites, scratches or stings.
- T-shirt/long sleeved shirt,
- ‘Walking’/’combat’ trousers.
- Suitable footwear; waterproof walking shoes/boots, military or Dr Marten type boots are ideal, but Wellies in wet weather and trainers in dry weather will suffice.
Also bring with you:
- A waterproof coat and ideally also waterproof trousers,
- A spare change of clothing (e.g: shirt, trousers, sweater, socks & gloves),
- Something waterproof to keep your kit in (e.g. a rucksack lined with a bin bag),
- Personal medication, sunscreen & insect repellent.
- Water bottle (full) – minimum 1 litre water bottle per person,
- Antibacterial wipes/gel.
Food & Drinks:
- Please see your individual course page for details of whether your course includes food. We do recommend that you bring snacks to have during the course.
- Alcohol is not permitted at our courses.
- Notebook & pencil,
* Please see our weather policy for further details.
The Forest Skills Ltd Team
Let the adventure begin!