Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
Included in this course are:
- The role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Infection control
- Accident reports & incident records
- Primary survey on an infant and a child
- Conscious & unconscious casualties
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & the Recovery Position
- External bleeding
Course Prerequisites & Restrictions:
- In line with HSE guidelines, there’s a maximum of 12 places on this course.
- The minimum participant age for this course is 16 years old.
- All learners must be able to perform practical elements such as CPR on the ground.
- It is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 literacy or equivalent.
- When run at our woodland venue, we regret that wheelchair access is not currently possible and that no dogs are allowed at any time (it’s a working farm).
- This is an Ofqual regulated qualification. It is therefore only available to learners in England, Wales and Northern Ireland as a Level 3 course. It is available to other in other countries, but may not be recognised there.
How long does the course last for?
- The course is delivered over a minimum of 12 hours over 2 days.
What about food?**
Food will not be provided on this course so please bring sufficient food & snacks with you.
A Consent & Medical Declaration Form is required for each person attending the course. These need to be returned to us at our office no later than 48 hours before the start time of the course. You can also download the forms from this page.
We look forward to seeing you on this course.
Chris & the Forest Skills Ltd Team.
Let the adventure begin!