We run sessions grouped loosely in-line with National Curriculum Key Stages & age groups. Don’t worry if you have kids in more than one Key Stage group; they’re more than welcome to attend as well, but the focus of the session will be for those in the indicated age group. You will however need to purchase a place for any additional children who want/need to attend that days session.
Our forest school sessions run in parallel with school dates in the Cheshire East Council area & run throughout the calendar year (ie Autumn, Spring & Summer terms).
We accept a maximum of 8 kids per session as maintaining a small group size is key to the forest school ethos. So please make sure that you book your places early to avoid disappointment.
Age Groups & Days
|Days||Times||Key Stage||Ages||School years|
|Tuesdays||09.30-12.00pm||0||3–5||Nursery & Reception|
- The price covers one child for one 1/2 term period. Please note that you are purchasing a block of weeks (normally a full half term where possible). Should you not attend a session for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The price for KS2-KS5 children includes for the cost of AQA learner registration. Any AQA courses for which your child wishes to receive certification will require an additional payment of £10 per certificate.
- Please note that wheelchair access is unfortunately not currently possible & buggy access can be difficult in areas.
- Dogs are not allowed at the venue at any time.
Please don’t forget to bring a bottle of water with you to drink during the day because, as with all our courses, forest school is very much “hands-on”. Fruit and cordial are normally provided as part of the session.
Venue directions, a mandatory kit list & consent & medical declaration forms can be downloaded from the website using the links included within your booking receipt email.
Please note that that there is a maximum of 8 places on each forest school session. This is to ensure both your enjoyment of the session & in keeping with good forest school practice. So please book early to avoid disappointment, or contact us to discuss a private booking.
Our 24 acre mixed woodland & heathland venue is located just outside Goostrey in Cheshire, just 3.5 miles away from Junction 18 of the M6, providing the easiest of access while retaining that wilderness feeling.
* – Forest Skills Ltd is not an Ofsted registered child minding organisation. We’re not obliged to register with Ofsted as we provide and “experience”, rather than act as a child care organisation. Parents/Guardians are more than welcome to stay with their kids during forest school sessions. We don’t charge for parents/guardians who attend the sessions.
** – Under the Food Identification Regulations 2014 we have to advise you of the allergens contained in the food-stuffs that we provide. Click here to view this information in a new window.
We look forward to seeing you on this course.
The Forest Skills Ltd Team.