24 hour Bushcraft Introduction CourseThis course is ideal for bushcraft novices looking for a bit more adventure. It’s the perfect starting point for your lifelong journey in bushcraft. During the course you’ll be;
- learning about knives & saws – their safe use & how to use them efficiently
- learning about knife maintenance – including a demonstration on how to keep your knife in tip-top condition
- undertaking game preparation** – you’ve got your evening meal, breakfast & lunch to prepare!
- shelter building – both using natural materials & bashas
- fire lighting – using traditional & modern methods including chemicals & friction fire lighting
- making cordage – materials & preparation
- learning about rope usage & storage techniques
- going a woodland walk – learn about the plants & trees around us and what they can provide us with
Following the purchase of your place on the course, we’ll email you with directions to the course venue.
How long does the course last for?
The course starts at midday on Saturday & runs through to midday on Sunday, allowing you to sleep out in the shelters that you make on the Saturday.
What do we need to bring?
You can view our course kit list here; Kit List page.
What about food & drinks?**
There will be a camp fire with a kettle simmering over it & we will be providing tea & coffee. Saturdays evening meal & Sundays breakfast will be provided on this course, but please feel free to bring additional snacks to eat (see our Kit List page). If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please contact us before booking your place(s) on the course so that we can discuss arrangements to accommodate these.
** – Under the Food Identification Regulations 2014 we have to advise you of the allergens contained in the food-stuffs that we provide. Click here to view this information.
- The minimum participant age for this course is 16 years old.
- We regret that wheelchair access to the woods is not currently possible.
- No dogs are allowed at the venue at any time.
A Consent & Medical Declaration Form is required for each person attending the course. These need to be returned to us at our office no later than 48 hours before the start time of the course. These will be emailed to you once you have booked your place(s) on the course, but you can also download the forms from this page. If you have specific dietary/allergen requirements, please let us know as soon as possible after booking your place(s) on the course so that we can make arrangements to accommodate these.
We look forward to seeing you on this course.
Chris & the Forest Skills Ltd Team.
Let the adventure begin!