Private & Group BookingsWhat would you like to do? We run private bookings for the following;
- Bespoke Bushcraft & Survival Courses – Create your own bespoke course; sleep overnight in your own shelter, prepare your own game meats & learn how to do it properly!
- Corporate Events (please contact us to discuss your requirements)
- Groups (e.g. Hen/Stag-do’s, Brownies, Scouts groups, DofE, Cadets, Round Table, etc)
- School Trips – We can come to you, or for the full experience come out to us.
- Birthday Parties – (Packages available for 3-5’s, 5-8′s & 9-14 year olds)
The “Big 4” survival subjects:
- Shelter – How, why & where of building shelters using natural materials as well as tarpaulins. This session takes approx. 2.5 hours to complete but will provide you with a shelter that you can sleep in on your overnight private booking.
- Water – Learn about sourcing, collecting, treating and keeping water. You’ll get to do all these and then drink the end product! Lasts approx. 1.5 hours.
- Food – A short look at where you can get food from in nature & how to prepare it. This session includes game preparation (ie basic butchery of fish, birds or mammals) & lasts approx. 2 hours.
- Fire – The quintessential art of yesteryear. During this 2 hour session you’ll learn how to create fires using traditional flint shards, modern ‘fire steels’, chemical, electrical & friction methods. Again, approx. 2 hours duration.
Traditional woodland/bushcraft subjects:
- Knives, saws, billhooks & axes – Using (including carving skills), tool safety, maintenance & the Law. This session usually takes between 1 & 2.5 hours depending on how long you want to use them!
- Natural cordage – How to make it & the knots and lashings to use with it. Lasts approx. 1.5 hours.
- Camp furniture & other camp gadgets – Learn to make coat hangers, chairs, tables, mallets, tent pegs as well as carved wooden ornaments. (approx. 2 hours).
- Natural navigation skills – We look at natural navigation including how to find your way using everything from the stars, the sun, moss, plants & puddles. Lasts approx. 1 hour.
- Classic navigation skills – We cover using a map & compass as well as modern GPS usage. This session lasts between 2-3 hours depending on how much detail you want to go into.
- Foraging – A more detailed look at where to find food and resources to assist in making your life in the wild more comfortable & enjoyable. This session lasts for a minimum of 1.5 hours but can be run over a whole day.
- Tracking skills – Begin learning how to become a tracker. This session lasts for a minimum of 2 hours, or we can arrange a private booking of our 3 day Introduction to Tracking course for your group.
- Hunting and trapping – Learn the traditional skills of sourcing your own meats. (approx. 1-2 hours).
- Game preparation – Having learnt how to hunt and trap your next meal, we’ll teach you how to prepare it ready for cooking. Lasts a minimum of 1 hour, or we can run a private booking of our Game Preparation course for your group.
- Traditional cooking techniques – Ponassing, the Hangi, and more. This session lasts approximately 2-3 hours and is the perfect addition to the hunting and trapping and game preparation sessions.
- Personal hygiene outdoors – How to keep yourself clean in the woods. (approx. 1 hour)
The Forest Skills Ltd Team